LIke I have the past few years, I will spend New Years Eve at home reflecting on life, which means I will most likely watch movies, drink wine, and be merry. I like and enjoy spending my NYE this way, away from the chaos of the evening.
I had no idea what 2012 had in store when the year began, and looking back it’s been amazing and overwhelming.
- With the help and encouragement of many people I love, especially my friend Angela who was by side at the finish line, I completed my first 1/2 marathon, an amazing feeling. Sadly something about finishing it sent me into a really dark period that I am only now getting out of.
- Met, and was able to thank, a favorite musician of mine.
- Was with my friend, Crystal, as she experienced the beauty that is the Gorge for the first time.
- I went back to the only place that felt like home, Seattle, for the first time since 2007, and returned again a few months later.
- I saw numerous concerts, as usual. DMB, Mumford and Sons, Ray Lamontagne, each better then the other.
- Spent many nights away from home, working in California.
- Drove the pacific coast highway from San Fran to LA and back.
- I watched as two friends lost their battles with cancer. Like many people I knew, they were taken too soon.
So many moments most I can barely recall, nevertheless I am ready for joys and sorrows of 2013