This vacation has been one for the history books.
I spent 7 days in Denver visiting with friends and wrapped up the week with a quick flight to Seattle for a friend’s wedding BBQ.
I left the BBQ early, went back to my hotel room where I subsequently slept for the next 12 hours. I have been coughy, feverish, and voiceless for a majority of the trip, this sleep was very much needed.
Things I am learned while on vacation:
- I prefer not to share hotel rooms (not a bad experience, I just like/need my quiet alone time especially when I am sick)
- Denver is a great city, filled with awesome people. Well the seven I know are awesome, assuming everyone else is as well.
- My heart is still in Seattle, I can’t wait to live there again.
- I spend way too much of my precious time at work.
- John Mayer is really tall and very nice.
- Books. I love them (i already knew this, just wanted to throw it out there since I somehow acquired 16 new books this past week)
Things I lost on vacation:
- my favorite blue sweater
- 2.5 pairs of sunglasses, i started with three my last pair is minus one arm.
- iPhone power cord and usb cable
- my virginity (kidding! just checking to see who is paying attention)
- my voice, two hours before I was supposed to meet John Mayer. It’s about 67% back now.
I am exhausted yet relaxed. My flight to San Francisco leaves in less then four hours, I am returning to life/work with a renewed focus on living a life full of joy.